I am an Iranian artist. After spending my childhood in Iran and late teens and early twenties in San Francisco, I settled in London. My nomadic life is reflected in my work where East merges with West and the result is at once familiar and foreign. There are several layers in my work and at times I combine text with images. I also combine different techniques such as linocut, photography, collage and etching. The result is a rich yet often playful and humorous tableau in which the audience is able to engage and interpret in its own way.
In January 2008 the British Museum purchased two series of my work for its comtemporary Middle
What is happening in 2012:
- I will be showing one of my Persian Expressions, in "The Horse" exhibition at the British Museum -
London May 24th through September 30th
- Ayyam Gallery - The Young Collectors Auction - Dubai May 15th
- Asia House Art Fair - London April 26th to 29th
- Christies auction, Dubai, April 2012
- Magic of Persia auction, Dubai, March 2012
What happened in 2011:
- "183 minutes", Two Women Show, London Novemeber 2011
- I will be showing my "Freedom Speaking Objects" at the AB Gallery in Lucerne-Switzerland from October 30th until December 17th, 2011
- I will partcipating in Christie's Bidoun auction on October 2011 in London
- I will be participating at the LTMH Summer Show in New York from July 6 until August 18, 2011
- I will be showing my "4 Corners" icons at the "Jasmin Orientalischer Sommer" at the "Galerie Sabine Kunst in Munich, Germany from July 8 until September 7, 2011
- Popli charity foundation will be auctioning one of my icons (Googoosh) in London, June 2011
- I will be showing at Art Dubai in February 2011 with LTMH Gallery
- I will be showing my Icons of the 4 Corners at COMMON THREADS exhibition - Al Serkal Heritage House, Bastakiya, Dubai, UAE. From March 2 to April 16 2011.
- Icons of the 4 Corners, Solo show at XEREXES ART, in London from March 25 to May 2 2011
- The Shah and His Three Queens (from the Fairytale Icons series) will be auctioned at Christie's-Dubai in April 2011
- Googoosh (from the Fairytale Icons series) will be auctioned in Bonhams-Dubai in April 2011
What happened in 2010:
- One Night With Rustam, Group show, London Dec 2010
- I will be showing at Abu Dhabi art fair 2010 with Xerxes fine art.
- I will be showing at Abu Dhabi art fair 2010 with LTHM Gallery.
- I will be showing at Istanbul art fair 2010 with Xerxes fine art.
- Iran Today, group show, at Galerie Brigitte Schenk Koln, Germany, Nov 2010-Dec 2010
- The fairytale continues, Solo show at LTHM gallery New York city Nov 2010-Dec 2010
- The Dropped Pearls, group show, Uusi Kipina Gallery, Lahti, Finland Dec 2010-Jan 2011
- New York Times editorial page January 6th/2010: click to view.
- The 5th international Ex Libris contest of Biblioteca di Bodio Lomnago, Italy.
- Art in Marylebone, group show June 2010 London.
- Group show at Galleria Il Gabbiano, Rome July 2010.
- Theran Bienale 2008-2010, Various locations.
- The Art Flexum International Artist's Colony, Mosonmagyarovar, Hungary.
- Magic of Persia Art auction, Abu Dhabi November 2010.
What happened in 2009:
- Magic of Persia Art auction, Dubai April 11th-12th 2009
- Chrysalid, group show at the Amelia Johnson Contemporary, June 11th-July 4th 2009, Hong Kong
- Art in Marylebone, group shoe, June 11th-14th 2009, London
- In a different light, group show at Osbourne Samuel gallery, June 25th-July 11th, London
- The 28th Graphic Biennual Ljubljana Slovenia, September 4th-October 25th 2009
- Splitgraphic IV Split Croatia Octover 2009-December 2009
What happened in 2008:
- Hong Kong Art Fair May 2008
- Nomad biennale 2008-2010
- Green Cardamom London group show June 2008
- Artroutes London group show November 2008
- Asia House London solo show November 2008