I am an Iranian artist. After spending my childhood in Iran and late teens and early twenties in San Francisco, I settled in London. My nomadic life is reflected in my work where East merges with West and the result is at once familiar and foreign. There are several layers in my work and at times I combine text with images. I also combine different techniques such as linocut, photography, collage and etching. The result is a rich yet often playful and humorous tableau in which the audience is able to engage and interpret in its own way.
In January 2008 the British Museum purchased two series of my work for its contemporary Middle Eastern collection.
What is happening in 2015
- Flashback, Haleh Gallery Munich Germany. November 2015-January 2016
- Mirage, Haleh Gallery, Munich, Germany Sep-Nov 2015
- Al Mutanabbi street starts Here, Group exhibition at Harold F. Johnson Library Center Hampshire College, USA June17- September 30
- My short story Night Viewing
- My short story Mr. Delon
- My short story AKI AND MALI, The Tailor Cousins
- A series of my work has been acquired by Cellmark company in Sweden for their contemporary art collection.
- "Opening up" Group exhibition, Francis Boeske Project, Amsterdam - Jan. 10 until Feb. 21
- You can now order my book online Smokeless Fire
- My short story is published in reorient
- My YSL icon is now part of the Fondation Pierre Bergé - Yves Saint Laurent Collection
What happened in 2014
- Fem. Pluriel, group show in Dar Bellarj in Marrakech, in collaboration with 127 Gallery Marakech. October 31st 2014 - till April 30th 2015
- I am included in Talinn Grigor's book, Contemporary Iranian Art, From the Street to the Studio, 2014
- Afsoon at Epi Plage - Saint-Tropez, France. July 19-25 2014
- Group show in UTE’S WONDER LUST. Fes, Morocco. 13th to 21st of June 2014 in collaboration with 127 Gallery Marakech
- Wise Men of the East, The British Museum, London Oct. 2013-April 2014
- Marrakech Biennale 5, February 26 to March 31st
- Ayyam Gallery, The Young Collectors Auction, Dubai January 2014
What happened in 2013
- Women collectors, Women artists. Lloyds Club - London, Sep. 2013 – Dec. 2013
- Once upon a Time, 127 Gallery, Marrakech, Morocco. April 2013- May 2013 (showed work inspired by my residency in Marrakech)
- Wise Men of the East, The British Museum, London Oct. 2013 - April 2014
- Foto Fever. Paris, Brussels. Oct. 2013 and Nov. 2013
- Traveling Birds and the Flags of Dharma, The Long Gallery London Oct. 2013
- Roots, Haleh Gallery,Munich Germany, Sept. 2013-Nov 2013
- Iran Eternel, Epi Plage - Saint-Tropez, France. August 24-Aug 31st 2013
What happened in 2012
- Showed one of my Persian Expressions, in "The Horse" exhibition at the British Museum -
London May 24th through September 30th
- Ayyam Gallery - The Young Collectors Auction - Dubai May 15th
- Asia House Art Fair - London April 26th to 29th
- Christies auction, Dubai, April 2012
- Magic of Persia auction, Dubai, March 2012
What happened in 2011
- "183 minutes", Two Women Show, London November 2011
- I will be showing my "Freedom Speaking Objects" at the AB Gallery in Lucerne-Switzerland from October 30th until December 17th, 2011
- I will participating in Christie's Bidoun auction on October 2011 in London
- I will be participating at the LTMH Summer Show in New York from July 6 until August 18, 2011
- I will be showing my "4 Corners" icons at the "Jasmin Orientalischer Sommer" at the "Galerie Sabine Kunst in Munich, Germany from July 8 until September 7, 2011
- Popli charity foundation will be auctioning one of my icons (Googoosh) in London, June 2011
- I will be showing at Art Dubai in February with LTMH Gallery
- I will be showing my Icons of the 4 Corners at COMMON THREADS exhibition - Al Serkal Heritage House, Bastakiya, Dubai, UAE. From March 2nd to April 16th
- Icons of the 4 Corners, Solo show at XEREXES ART, in London from March 25th to May 2nd
- The Shah and His Three Queens (from the Fairytale Icons series) will be auctioned at Christie's-Dubai in April 2011
- Googoosh (from the Fairytale Icons series) will be auctioned in Bonhams-Dubai in April 2011
What happened in 2010
- "One Night With Rustam" Group show, London December
- I will be showing at Abu Dhabi art fair 2010 with Xerxes Fine Art
- I will be showing at Abu Dhabi art fair 2010 with LTHM Gallery
- I will be showing at Istanbul art fair 2010 with Xerxes Fine Art
- Iran Today, group show, at Galerie Brigitte Schenk Koln, Germany, November-December
- The fairytale continues solo show at LTHM gallery New York city, November-December
- The Dropped Pearls, group show, Uusi Kipina Gallery, Lahti, Finland December-January
- New York Times editorial page January 6th.
- The 5th international Ex Libris contest of Biblioteca di Bodio Lomnago, Italy.
- Art in Marylebone, group show June 2010 London.
- Group show at Galleria Il Gabbiano, Rome July 2010.
- Teh ran Bienale 2008-2010, Various locations.
- The Art Flexum International Artist's Colony, Mosonmagyarovar, Hungary.
- Magic of Persia Art auction, Abu Dhabi November 2010.
What happened in 2009
- Magic of Persia Art auction, Dubai April 11th-12th 2009
- Chrysalid, group show at the Amelia Johnson Contemporary, June 11th-July 4th 2009, Hong Kong
- Art in Marylebone, group shoe, June 11th-14th 2009, London
- In a different light, group show at Osbourne Samuel gallery, June 25th-July 11th, London
- The 28th Graphic Biennual Ljubljana Slovenia, September 4th-October 25th 2009
- Splitgraphic IV Split Croatia October 2009-December 2009
What happened in 2008
- Hong Kong Art Fair May 2008
- Nomad biennale 2008-2010
- Green Cardamom London group show June 2008
- Artroutes London group show November 2008
- Asia House London solo show November 2008